There are certain times when a roof simply gets pounded by extreme weather or a tree branch that makes it obvious that you need a roof replacement. At other times, a roof can simply reach the end of its time as a useful part of your shelter and that is when you need to get a solid replacement for your roof. There are times when you simply need maintenance or minor repairs to keep your roof working properly. If you do end of waiting too long to replace an older roof, it could cause a huge problem in the long run. Since you do not want to be put in that costly position, here are some potential signs of the need for a replacement that you can have on our radar as you maintain your roof.
Your Roof Might Need Replacement If:
1. Your Shingles on your roofing are cupped up or curled. This indicates they are no longer protecting your home.
2.Bald spots show up in sections of your roof.
3. If your roof is greater than 20 years old. There are plenty of very durable shingles out there, but there are so many different environmental factors that can make your shingles age very quickly. From improper ventilation to intense weather, the wear and tear on shingles can happen no matter what. It is always best to get a replacement at the 20-year mark.
4. Other homes close by are being replaced. With similar weather conditions for you and your neighbors, seeing their roof being replaced might mean it is a good time to see if you need one. If you see several neighborhood houses getting replacements, you should be sure to get an inspection of your roof.
5. If your roof looks worn down and faded. Sometimes, your eyes are not lying. If your roof looks too old, there is a good chance that it might be.
6. If you find dark streaks on your roof. There are certain airborne algae that can create dark streaks on your roof. These algae are not always harming your shingle roof, but they can be a bit of an eye-sore. These streaks can be removed with a blend of water and bleach at 50 parts to 50 parts that you spray on your roof.
7. Moss is something that grows on many roofs in cool and moist climates that do not get as much sunlight as other roofs. Moss can cause some damage as it holds more moisture on your roof and in freezing temperatures it can cause damage to the top of your shingles' granules. You might need a professional roofing contractor to solve this problem, but first, you can attempt to lightly brush the surface of your shingles. Make sure that you do not brush them too hard, so as to avoid damage to the shingles on your roof
.If you notice any of these warning signs, be sure to call a local roofing company to handle the problem for you.
When you need roof repairs for leaks or structural damage, finding the right roofing contractor will be essential to making sure that you have nothing to worry about. A company that provides a quality repair will make sure that your roof lasts longer and that you get back to business as usual quickly. So, how exactly do you find the right roofer for your repair or other roofing services? Well, there are a few factors that make up a good roofing company that you can look for before you hire one for your next repair or maintenance job.
If you use the internet and social media, then you have probably seen plenty of funny posts about the pains of "adulating". Well, we all have to do it. From going to the dentist to paying the credit card bill, the adult responsibilities are everywhere. One consistent thing that you need to pay attention to as a homeowner is your roof. Any roofing company will tell you that a regularly scheduled roof inspection is vital to keeping your roof in great shape. Many people might be wondering why it is so important, even if they have a warranty. Well, a warranty is usually void if you have not gotten the proper roof maintenance to avoid roofing damage, so getting it checked out ahead of time is huge.
One of the first reasons that getting roofers to provide you a roof inspection is so important, is that weather, water, and other outside factors cause wear and tear on any roof. Making sure that your roof lasts for the long haul is similar to the way that you make sure your car stays in great shape. There are certain parts of your roof that need to be maintained or patched up, and you might need a small repair before you even notice a problem. Getting a roofing company out to do a check of the roof is a great way to catch a problem before it becomes disastrous.
When do you need an inspection?
If you know that you need roof inspections, you might be wondering when the best time to get one would be. We know that we are supposed to get a yearly check-up, change the oil in a car after 3000 miles, and so forth, but not many people know about their roof.
For your roof to stay healthy, you should have roofers give it a full inspection right before and right after the most severe weather season in your area. Obviously, heavy rains, the wind and other environmental factors can be a huge part of your roof's deterioration. If you are in the northern part of the country then winter weather is most likely to be your most severe.
Who should do the inspection?
You should always get a professional to check your roof. The best options lie with roofing contractors, consultants, architects or licensed engineers. You can get a simple check while a repair is being made on an A/C unit or gutter, or a more formal inspection with a moisture inspection included.
No matter who you choose for your roofing inspection, be sure to ask them as many questions as possible to make sure that your roof is properly maintained. Sometimes you may need a roofing contractor to provide a new roof sealant, shingle repair, or some other small maintenance to avoid costly damage in the future. Staying on top of your inspections and maintenance will help you make sure that your roof lasts and that you save time, energy and money in the long run.